Monday, July 21, 2008

a CRAZY long walk...

hello friends!

today we are preparing for a grand adventure...
... it all started in June, when my amazing dad turned 50! 
he decided that he wanted to revisit the city he was born in... Sao Jose do Rio Preto (practically a sentence). here it the trick: he wanted to WALK there. hm. 400 km, about 300 miles from Itu. 
and so he was able to convince one of his brothers, and together they came to persuade us into this insanity. 

we are hoping to arrive in SJdoRP next week, maybe Thursday. 

here's some numbers revolving the walk: 

30 miles/day
10 pounds of homemade trail mix
8 gallons of water/day
6 crazy ppl 
2 tents
1 support vehicle
1 hair line fracture (oh, did i forget to mention my dad's shin bone is pretty hurt?!)
0 hotel reservations

it'll be a great story to tell our kids. =)

so if we disappear for the next week, you know why. 
keep us in your prayers.

pics to come
kaisers

6 comments:

Anna Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your parents are seriously some of the coolest people I know! Hope all goes well!

April said...

WOW! And here I thought it was an amazing feat that my dad (Dwight) finally flew up to Seattle to see me this past weekend!

You guys are going to have an amazing adventure... I cannot wait to hear all about it! IN PERSON!

Please be safe and be careful...

Pamela said...

What an insane idea! I love Antenor! Hope you guys have fun!

Lari said...

May I join you guys ?

Kim Haring said...

Happy Birthday Antenor! Hope this pilgrimage to your birth place has been a special time for all of you. We are looking forward to hearing the story and seeing the pictures. Love from all the Harings