Saturday, September 29, 2007

Quick proogress report -

This will be a quick note as I am running out of time before we have to be up again in the morning to prepare for tomorrows church service. Ali and I are in Belo Horizonte right now, where tomorrow we will be attending the 40ith year celebration of the church here. We are staying with a missionary couple here who has been serving in Brazil for the past 28 years. Getting to know F.H. and Becky Gates has been a wonderfull experience for us.

Thank you for your prayers for the Bible study we led Thursday night (mentioned in previous post), it went amazingly well. I did not expect to do this, but I ended up leading the whole thing in Portugese! That seems like a strange thing to do on accident, I know, but... it happens. I guess. We had planned for Ali to translate for me as I spoke in English, but prior to the study I was saying a few things to the group in Portugese, and so as we commenced, I made the transition in Portugese, and just kept on rolling! It was a very odd experience as I was shocked at my own ability! Granted the listeners had to be a little creative as they patched together some of my broken phrases, but they were gracious and willing. So thank you so much for praying that we would be helped along as we begin our ministry here! I certainly have felt His blessing through the success of my language training.

Thank you and please continue to remember us in your prayers, it is truely a crutial support factor in establishing our ministry here. Good night and God bless.

1 comment:

Brian & Leslie Hailey said...

Way to go, Man! You are no superman, but I do know one thing... where you are is where I wanna be. :P