Saturday, October 20, 2007

Just a Tidbit From Friday's Bible Study

It has been another great week in Itu, Brazil. Last night I taught the Bible Study at Yeskey (the English School owned by a couple of members of our church). We were reading in Acts 16, focusing on verses 16 - 34. We had a great discussion about faith in hard times. It is great to praise the Lord during times of smooth sailing, but to maintain a steady heart of worship, even in the midst of anguish and turmoil... first off, there is no greater or more fulfilling peace than the peace that passes understanding - the peace that God brings when we lay it all down before him. Second, we give those around us a great opportunity to see the power of the Holy Spirit at work in us. In Acts 16 a prison guard and his entire family come to know the Lord through this witness. A crisis can be an amazing blessing if we give it, and God, the opportunity.

I have some fun pics to post, but posting pics is crashing my internet connection lately, and I do not have the energy left right now to fight against the machine. So please forgive my blandness for tonight, and come back in about 24 hours. Deal? Thanks.

Thank you for keeping our work here in your prayers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys--I was hanging out with your cousing Andrew Nielson today. Somehow he's always at my house when I come home; he was blowing the leaves in our front yard when Jesse and I pulled in. Kinda funny. Sounds like you're doing great. I'm glad.