Monday, September 13, 2010

living new things

our summer camp theme this year was LIVING NEW THINGS (viver coisas novas ... www.camproots.blogspot.com)

and sure enough, i recently starting living something that has changed my life, our life, and most everything we are involved in: GRAD SCHOOL!

I began my Masters In Religious Education and Leadership at Rochester College, under the directorship of Mark Love.

it has caused enormous shifts in schedule, in processing, in internalizing, in discerning, in community living.
i am convinced that when the time comes for me to graduate, i will actually have to xerox my diploma and hand it out to 40 amazing people in our community that are a part of the journey, and allow me to talk and question and answer and doubt and analyze and dream and imagine.

and you will usually find me in this position during the day:




i have learned to read in a moving car, at a Passion conference, with a full house, while i am making dinner, while i listen to music, and whatever that day brings on as a challenge. of course, i have also enjoyed the hammock =)

but i am continuously thankful for God and Mark Love.
the last 5 weeks of grad school have given me enough fresh perspective for me to chew on for the rest of my life.

ali

2 comments:

JG said...

You are so my Brazilian twin, separated by a continent and 5 years (and different parents, though I would claim yours!). At least the curly hair is the same! Skype soon?

Jess

Kelli said...

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the course. Would love to hear all about it sometime!