Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meeting on the House


This morning I met with the owner of the location we are considering for the halfway house. He gave us a proposal that my friend Roberto (who knows the market here much better than I do) assured me was very good. Now I have a lot of learning to do... but more than financial details I am searching for a clear indication as to what God has for us in this.

The need is just getting clearer. This week two friends came to us separately asking for help with friends who are trying to get off drugs, a woman who works in our neighborhood knocked on our door to ask if we work with rehab and could help her son, and a man came this morning as I was preparing to go to see about the house, also looking to get into rehab.

We continue to help individuals get into rehab, but for the one's who come off the street, we need to have a next step (post rehab) in place!

Right now, I need to know that my church family here is on board with me. Funny thing is, before this mornings meeting was set up Antenor asked me to speak for tomorrows offering - to explain what more we would be able to do in the work with the homeless if we had greater financial support from our church community. Providence???

I can't say that I know what's coming down the pipe yet... and I am anxious about this new territory. But God knows what He has in store, and I am thankful for that!

1 comment:

Cami Gilbert said...

Sooooooo exciting! This is proof He can give us MORE than all we ask or imagine! Love and Miss you!